This post is sponsored by Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant. All opinions are of course my own.
Skin Care Tips with Dove + My Personal Story and Review
I recently did a poll on my Instagram asking you all that you would like to see me blog more about this year and one of the biggest requests I got was for beauty tips/must haves. That got me to thinking, what is the one beauty item that I cannot live without and something that has really been a game changer for me? I had a few things in mind but what I really wanted to share with you all is the antiperspirant that has changed the game for me which is Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant. You see I have struggled with sweating when I’m nervous or stressed for years and I just couldn’t find an antiperspirant that would last all day. I would try many brands but have to reapply once or twice before the day was over.
When I heard that Dove Advanced Care was designed to last 48 hours, keeping you odor and wetness free, all while giving you softer, smoother underarms, I was intrigued! As a busy Mom always on the go, I need products that are going to last me through the day and not something I have to think about. Dove Advanced Care is just that. I apply in the morning and don’t give it another thought because it works for me all day long so I don’t have to worry about it. Let’s face it, us Moms don’t need another thing to worry about…am I right?!
I decided to put Dove Advanced Care to the test on one of my busiest days and here is how it went…
- 6: 15 am-Wake-up, make coffee, check planner for the day’s events. Apply Dove Advanced Care and get ready for the day
- 6:40-Kids wake-up, make breakfast, make lunch for Xander, check backpack for homework, send Xander off to school
- 7:35- 8:35- Clean up breakfast, play time with Elise, check and send emails.
- 8:35-10:00- Clean house (laundry, empty dishwasher, make beds)
- 10:00-12:00-Run errands
- 12-12:30- Make Lunch for me and Elise
- 12:30-1:00- Clean up lunch and get Elise ready for nap.
- 1:00-3:00- While Elise naps I check emails and social media, respond to any messages, get a quick workout in, work on the blog, make Xander a snack when he returns home from school.
- 3:00-4:00- Doctors appointment (I had blood drawn this day which is VERY stressful for me and I typically sweat like crazy but Dove Advanced Care kept me in check today!)
- 4:30-5:00- Make cookies for Xanders class party and begin to prepare dinner
- 5:00- 5:45- Playtime with the kids at the park (it was so nice out this day!)
- 5:45-6:25- Make dinner, help Xander with homework, Mike comes home
- 6:30-7:30- Eat dinner together, clean up
- 7:30-8:15- Give Elise a bath, read her a story, lay her down for the night
- 8:15- 8:30- Read with Xander
- 8:35-9:35- The kids are in bed so this is when Mike and I will finish cleaning the house for the night.
- 9;35-10:35- Work on Blog
- 10:40 pm- The day is done and it’s time for bed!
Now, of course, this is just a snippet of the day and the toddler meltdowns and stressful moments were left out but I must say I was impressed how Dove Advanced Care had my back through it all! I am thrilled to have found an antiperspirant that serves me well!
To learn more about Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant, click here.
Skin Care Tips with Dove
I promised y’all that I would share beauty tips but other than saying go do yourself a favor and get yourself your own Dove Advanced Care, I wanted to share some tips from Dr. Alicia Barba who is Dove’s leading Dermatologist that I found very helpful and that I will be implementing into my routine!
Dr. Barba recommends to do these three things before bed:
- Wash your face-(this is a MUST and if you don’t already do this start tonight, your skin will thank you!)
- Apply a retinol- (I have recently added this to my routine)
- Moisturize-(An absolute must for me and my dry skin!)
Another thing I have started to do before bed is to apply my antiperspirant because I like the clean feeling under my arms as well!
One skin care regimen I have added to my routine this year is to always have sunscreen on! I had a brief skin scare this past May where I had to have a spot removed and tested for possible skin cancer. Thankfully it came back clear and cancer free but it was enough to scare me into remember to always wear sunscreen. Dr. Barba recommends switching to a moisturizing sunscreen during the winter stating that “Harmful UV rays don’t take a break for cold weather.”
Here’s to healthy underarms and healthier skin!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant